Frequently Asked Questions
- Designers and innovators want to work on what matters to them with the people that matter to them; through projects, mentorship, and a vibrant community.
What Neol offers: Learn from and team up with outstanding creative leaders to solve the most complex problems we face.
• Creative Leaders
- Industry-shaping leaders that want to collaborate with top talent to solve the most complex problems we face.
What Neol offers: Create your decentralized studio within Neol, team up with top talent, and handle all your operational needs.
- Startups, companies, and NGOs that want to work with diverse and passionate teams.
What Neol offers: Get work done with the top-quality team, in less time and at a greater value. How to Join the Neol Community?
The first step you need to take to join the Neol community is to fill out the application form at
. Your application will be assessed by our team, and you’ll hear back from us within 24h regarding the next steps.
What are the curation criteria to join the community?
At Neol, our aim is to convene a diverse group of creative minds to
shape better futures; together. To achieve so, we run a diligent curation process for all the applications we receive and carefully handpick individuals to be part of our inspiring community.We are a community of designers & innovators. Therefore, our curation criteria strongly focus on expertise areas that drop into design & innovation-related domains. There are a few verticals in which we assess the applicants in our curation process. Under each vertical, we have specific quotas with different weights to ensure diversity in our community in a purposeful way.
- Field of expertise
- Skillsets - Work status - Quality of work - Location
• Which expertise areas is Neol prioritizing in the community?
Although we cover a wide range of expertise areas within our community, we prioritize the expertise areas around Strategy & Business Design, UX/UI/IxD, Product Design, Communication Design, Project Management, Service Design, and Learning & Organization Design.
The reason we are prioritizing these fields is that the project requirements in our platform are mainly driven by these disciplines.
• Should I be a freelancer to apply?
We have quotas for each employment type in our community. Most of our community is freelancers, but we know these roles are pretty transitional for many people, and many members are interested in side gigs, even if they are working full time.
We have an “Availability” Section in Neol ID Profiles, keeping that section up-to-date is quite crucial Neolians to get to know about project opportunities. What happens once I am accepted into the community?
As soon as your application is approved to be part of the community, you are provided with a link to your unique Neol ID.
With this ID, you become “Neolian” in the Neol universe. You complete some additional questions and reveal how awesome Neolian you are! Neol ID will be a gateway for you to access a wide range of opportunities, including gigs, teams, learning programs, mentorship schemes, community events, and a content library. What if I am not accepted into the community?
You will not have an active Neol ID Profile. However, you will still be a part of our talent network; your profile details are registered in our database, and you might hear back from us regarding:
- gig opportunities matching your background & skills.
- public events & learning programs - relevant industry surveys What is “vetted talent” at Neol?
Vetted members are community members whose skills are vetted by a Creative Leader, Expert Committee, or the Neol team. The vetting process includes portfolio screening and interview steps.
• Vetted Members
- Have a vetted talent badge on their Neol ID profiles
- Are spotlighted in different Neol platforms (pitch decks, social channels, newsletters) - Have a higher likelihood of being selected for high-profile projects and the teams of Creative Leaders
To be a vetted member, community members must fill out the required questions in their Neol ID profile (including previous experiences; highlight projects). Only completed profiles will be eligible for the vetting process.
We have a lot to share
Sign up to our mailing list and we'll let you know about new challenge launches
as also community events in your city
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Chat with us, powered by LiveChat